Top 10 Games On Gamecube
Hundreds of games were developed for the Nintendo Gamecube since it was released in 2001. So many in fact that it can be hard to choose which games you want to buy. The ten games below are the games that I feel every Gamecube owner should have in their collection.
10. Super Mario Sunshine – The sequel to Super Mario 64 for Nintendo 64. This game was not as well received as the Mario's first 3D adventure but it was very fun. Mario uses a water pack to levitate and shoot enemies. The best parts of the game do not use the water pak at all and are pure platforming like in previous Mario games.
9. Pikmin – A new franchise for Gamecube inspired by Myiamoto's garden. Control huge swarms of tiny plant creatures and throw them at enemies, solve puzzles, and try to rebuild your space ship. This game is very fun and original. Plus you have to beat the game in 30 game days, so the entire adventure has a sense of speed and adrenaline while to try to beat the game fast enough.
8. Zelda Twilight Princess – A mature Link tries to save Princess Zelda from the worlds of dark and light. The second Zelda game for the Gamecube, it has the same graphic style as Ocarina of Time and a more mature story line than Wind Waker (see below). Twilight Princess is the first Zelda game where Link can control other animals and turns into a wolf.
7. Animal Crossing – A very simple, but addicting game. You move into a house in a new town and must get to know the townsfolk while running the errands, planting trees, designing t-shirts, and decorating your house. It is like 'The Sims' for PC. I never would think I would enjoy running errands, but I ended up forcing myself to sell this game because I was ignoring my real life chores.
6. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat – A platforming game using the Gamecube Bongo's as the controller. Run left and right with left and right drumbeats. Jump by hitting both and punch by clapping. The game is short but each level is unique and has different goals to achieves just getting to the end. Probably the Gamecube's most unique game.
5. Zelda Wind Waker – Many people did not like the graphics on this Zelda game because they were too "kiddie" in their opinion. But the cartoon style really helped you feel Link's emotions because they could be so much more expressive. A very fun adventure, slightly tedious in one section (a giant boat ride across the whole world), but one of the best games for Gamecube.
4. Super Monkey Ball – Roll a monkey around the levels while he is inside a ball. That is the basic design of this game, but it is very fun. The single player mode is like a puzzle where you have to get the monkey through a goal without falling off a ledge. But the game really shines in multiplayer mode. Monkey Boxing, Monkey Racing, and best of all Monkey Target. Up to four players can play this at once and will enjoy themselves for hours.
3. Mario Kart Double Dash – A faster, better graphics Mario Kart game plus you control two racers instead of one. Each character has a special weapon only they can receive so picking your combo of riders is very important. Good single player with many varied levels and circuits to beat but like all Mario Kart games multiplayer is the most fun. Race or battle with four players at the same time and you will be entertained for hours with your friends.
2. Super Smash Bros. Melee – A deceptively simple fighting game for the Gamecube. It uses the joystick and two buttons for almost every move. Anyone can pick up and start playing, but experts will learn different combos and "secret" moves to keep them coming back for more. Very deep single player and a four player game that is the best released on the Gamecube. It's the best selling game on the system for a reason!
1. Metroid Prime – A perfectly executed 3D game in the Metroid Universe. Great weapons, thoughtful puzzles, beautiful graphics, and fun game play. My favorite game of all time and the highest rated game on the Gamecube according to gameranking.com. If you like first person shooters or liked the original Metroid games, you will love this game.
With any or all of these ten games in your collection, you should have hours of fun and definitely enjoy your Gamecube purchase.