The GameCube was a great console. While it did not enjoy the same success as Nintendo's current console, the Wii, it had some fantastic games. Below I have listed my 5 favorite GameCube games of all time.
1. Resident Evil Remake: This is probably the best Resident Evil game of all time. It takes everything that made the original RE so much fun and adds incredible graphics as well as new enemies, puzzles and areas. One of the best games on any console.
2. Resident Evil 4: OK, I have very mixed feelings about this game. First, I have to admit that I prefer the old style RE games: the fixed camera angles, the zombies, the slower paced action, more exploration, puzzles. However, I have to admit that RE 4 is a fantastic game as well. I just wish it was not called Resident Evil 4 and did not mean the end of the old RE style.
3. Resident Evil 0: While this is probably the weakest game in the old RE series, it is still a lot of fun to play. The graphics are quite good, similar to the RE Remake and it has some cool environments (like the train).
4. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader: This is a great Star Wars game where you get to fly X-Wing fighters and other cool vehicles from the legendary movies. It has some sections that look just like the movies and the action is fast and furious. If you are a Star Wars fan you have to check out this game.
5. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker: The first GameCube Zelda game is great. While I prefer the more realistic graphics style of the other Zelda games, this games' cartoony graphics do have a certain charm. It is not quite as good as the Ocarina of Time on the N64, but it is still very fun installment in the Zelda series.
o Metroid Prime: While I do not like the first person perspective used in this game I did enjoy it a lot.
o Viewtiful Joe: A crazy, unique action game by Capcom.
o Tales of Symphonia: A fun JRPG with charming graphics and fun real-time gameplay.
o Super Mario Sunshine: While this Mario game is not quite as good as the classic 2D Marios or Super Mario 64 on the Nintendo 64, it is still a good game.