Games Lagging – How to Fix PC Games Lagging Easily
Are your PC games lagging too much? What could be the possible reason behind such lagging? Answering these questions before identifying the problem is difficult. However, it is important for you to optimize your system and conduct little maintenance on it to reduce lagging.
The very first thing to do is to make sure you are using a PC with suitable system requirements. Certainly you’ll experience games lagging if the hardware is not compatible with the actual game requirements.
Almost all games come up with an important file named “Read Me”. In this file you can easily find
out which hardware and software components are required to play the game. When you will review the document and match it with your system specifications it will reduce the possibility of lagging.
Mostly people are not aware of an important aspect of the operating system that is Windows Registry. Windows Registry is an important component of OS where it stores highly sensitive information about all hardware and software configuration. Experts recommend using a reliable Registry cleaner and PC optimizer tool before you start playing game on your computer. When you download a Registry cleaner that is equipped with PC optimization tool, your computer performs faster.
In the same way when there is de-fragmented Registry data there would be less games lagging. In this situation you can use PC optimization tool so that you could play games smoothly.
Optimize Computer for Gaming
Higher CPU usage can cause games lagging. Set Extreme Gaming Performance using a Services Optimizer software. It will stop non-required services and more memory will be used to play games.
1. Download a Services Optimizer.
2. Install and run the program.
3. Click Optimize Services button.
4. Select Gaming Computer (Extreme Performance).
5. Click Apply button.
Hard disk fragmentation is second most cause behind games lagging. Defrag your hard disk drive to make the games run faster.
1. Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Disk Defragmenter.
2. Select all drives and click Defragment Disks button.
Set Lower Quality Settings
Usually games run with medium-high quality settings. For running a game with higher quality settings, you must have latest, updated hardware. That is why games lagging issue is experienced. The actual steps may vary. Here are simple steps:
For FFA: (Sample Steps)
1. Open My Computer.
2. Go to C:Program FilesFIFA 13GameFIFASetup.
3. Double click FIFAConfig.exe
4. Game Setting dialog shall open.
5. Select smaller resolution.
6. Select Rendering Quality: Very Low
7. Select Frame Rate: Lock to 30fps
8. Check-up Disable Windows Aero Theme checkbox.
9. Click OK.
Disable Real-Time Protection
Real-Time Protection is background drive scan performed by antivirus program. It uses higher resources and causes game lagging issue.
1. Right click your antivirus program.
2. Select Real-Time Protection | Disable.